Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review of Spiced Pumpkin Pie Bars

I am thinking of pumpkin. I love pumpkin flavor. Reminds me of fall but I could have it any other season. I bought Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook awhile ago, and in this book contains so many delicious baking recipes including some fantastic looking pumpkin recipes. We froze some pumpkin after Halloween just in case we were in the mood to making something with pumpkin. Well, I couldn't stand not tasting pumpkin anymore. Plus I had those cravings for pumpkin pie.

The problem with pie is that its so much food. What if I wanted a small piece of pie? What if I wanted the filling rather than the crust? Here's the perfect solution if you are thinking just like me. Spiced Pumpkin Pie Bars! The perfect idea.


These bars taste just like pumpkin pie and are super easy to make, which is always a favorite feature of mine. These bars quickly disappeared from the house. The spice is wonderful and balanced nicely so its not overpowering. The pumpkin flavor stands out in these bars, so if you like pumpkin, this is a great recipe for you. It was creamy, filling, and a perfect amount to satisfy that pumpkin pie craving. Tastes great cold with a little bit of whipped cream on top.

The one thing I would recommend is that when you bake them, the crust on the bottom tend to stick to the foil that was recommended for use (I sprayed the foil with Pam/vegetable oil as recommended). I would try baking them without the foil and use a non-sticking spray or other non-sticking products (some baking stores sell specific products). That was the only thing I would change.

If you are craving pumpkin pie but don't want an actual pie, this recipe is just for you! Check out Sally's website to try out more delicious recipes. 
(Note: this recipe is was found in her cookbook and not her website)

Recipe credit to: Sally's Baking Addiction

Overall Rating: 9.5 out of 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment