Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review of Blueberry Swirl Streusel Muffins

I went to California in February to visit my cousin before school started. We were driving for a whole day to get down there. I thought about making something for a road. Could be either a snack or a meal. I didn't want it to be messy because my aunt (whom I was driving with along with my grandma) just bought a new car a week before the trip. Then I thought...why not muffins. I love muffins. Then the filling. Why not blueberry muffins? So I thought this would be a great opportunity to try out a new recipe for blueberry muffins.

I came upon a recipe on Pinterest from Just Baked for Blueberry Swirl Streusel Muffins. 


The result: super large and moist blueberry muffins! They were a hit. We had on the way there and finished them on the way back. The muffins turned out quite large. I was surprised to see them rise so much in the oven. What is really nice about these muffins is the blueberry swirl part. You get a taste of blueberry in every bite rather than them sinking to the bottom of the muffin while baking them. They were moist and soft. Not hard and tough like some of store bought muffins.


The problem was the streusel topping. I thought it would be crunchy but instead was chewy. Next time I might try something different with the topping. Overall good flavor with it but didn't provide that extra texture I was looking for.

Overall a soft blueberry muffin with lots of blueberry flavor.

Recipe Credit to: Just Baked 

Overall Rating: 8 out of 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment