Thursday, May 8, 2014

Review of the Peanut Butter Power Protein Shake

It is the middle of the day and I am need something for lunch. I am not in the mood for a sandwich because that will only hold me over for so long. I don't want a huge lunch because I know I won't be hungry for dinner. What is something that fills you up and keeps you satisfied till dinner? The answer is protein shakes. If you make the right one, it tastes like a healthy milkshake. You get a satisfied feeling in your stomach and you aren't bloated from the amount of food.

Whats better than just a plain old protein shake? Adding peanut butter of course (makes everything better). Peanut butter brings that creamy texture to the shake. I found this recipe by Lean It Up and I have to say...it is one of the best protein shakes ever. This shake is called The Peanut Butter Power Protein Shake.


I love the peanut butter taste in this protein shake. Sometimes the banana in some shakes and smoothies can take over every other flavor, but this one definitely tastes like peanut butter. Plus it actually kinda tastes like a peanut butter cup. The protein powder (you can either choose vanilla or chocolate) helps create the taste of outside sweet chocolate coating of a peanut butter cup (more with the chocolate protein powder). Still tastes great with the vanilla though.


The only thing I would recommend is adding some more ice cubes after you blend it if you like your smoothie colder. They say to add two ice cubes to the smoothie but it doesn't get it completely cold. You could also freeze half the banana and add it in the smoothie to keep it colder longer (with that you don't have to worry about it being watery with the ice).

If you love peanut butter and the smooth texture of a milkshake, this protein shake is definitely for you. If you are interested about the nutrition facts, they are listed on the website (see below or up top). In case you are wondering, this shake has 24 grams of protein. No wonder you stay full for awhile! Trust me, you definitely want to taste this smoothie.

Recipe credit to: Lean It Up

Overall Rating: 10 out of 10 



No comments:

Post a Comment