Friday, May 2, 2014

Review of a Surprisingly Healthy and Delicious Cookie

I love cookies. There is something about them that makes me want to bake them and eat the dough (sometimes that's the best part). However, most of the time, I feel terrible about eating them. It feels like I have to exercise the same day in order to balance out the cookie or its going to kill my diet. What if there was a cookie that won't kill your diet that doesn't taste healthy but has nutritious ingredients?

Well, there is such a cookie. Thanks to Pinterest, I found this gem by Smoothie Lover. Healthy Chocolate Cookies. The secret ingredient is....*drum rolls please*


Avocado! You are probably thinking....no way. The cookie will taste like avocados. Actually they don't taste like avocados at all. I was totally surprised when I bit into this rich and delicious cookie. The avocado replaces the flour and there is no butter in this cookie as well. The sugar is replaced by either honey or coconut sugar (healthier options). So this is definitely considered a healthy cookie according to normal cookie standards.

This cookie is so rich due to the unsweetened cocoa and chocolate chunks (personally the more chocolate the better). If you enjoy soft cookies, this cookie for you. It does not flatten out at all and seems like it is under cooked when taken out of the oven (mine cooked for 10 minutes). No worries about that. Just stick it in the fridge for awhile and it will turn into a delicate soft cookie. I compared how it taste when it was cold versus room temperature and like the blogger recommended, the colder the better. 

For this Healthy Avocado Chocolate Cookie, this is definitely a 10 out of 10 because its both healthy and tastes absolutely delicious without the guilt. I highly recommend this cookie for anyone who is curious and isn't afraid of having avocados in their cookie.

Recipe credit to: Smoothie Lover

Overall Rating: 10 out of 10 


No comments:

Post a Comment